I have worked as a professional counsellor for 16 years, I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists adhering to their Ethical Framework and working in accordance with their professional standards.
I have worked extensively with adolescents, adults and adults with learning disabilities, autism and Asperger’s syndrome.
During this time I have worked in a variety of different settings:
- A Youth Counselling Service
- An agency supporting clients with addictions
- Secondary schools
- Two further Education Colleges.
I have also run my own private practice for the past 4 years.
My main qualifications in counselling are:
- Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Therapeutic Counselling.
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
- Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression from Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
I am committed to my clients and to my practice. I regularly attend Continued Professional Development workshops, courses and conferences covering specialist counselling subjects to keep my knowledge up to date.
I also attend regular supervision in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework.